Friday is considered the sacred day among Muslims. Jummah prayer is to be offered in the mosques, in the congregation by Muslims on every Friday. Jummah (Friday) prayers hold special importance for the Muslims because during Friday prayer worshippers at the mosques gets double than usual prayers.
There are many virtuous associated with Friday prayer we still make some common mistakes during Jummah prayer that require rectification. By committing these mistakes we are actually losing the entire reward of Jummah prayer. Today in this article we will talk about the mistakes we make during Friday prayers.
Mistakes during Jummah Prayer
- Most of the people go to the mosque on Friday for Jummah prayer as a matter of tradition and habit, without making the intention of worship, whereas an intention is a precondition for the Jummah prayer and all other acts of worship.
- Speaking during Khutbah is not allowed by our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Worshippers should listen the khutba carefully without distracting oneself or others during the Khutbah. So, one should strive hard to be present and stay quiet when Imam is saying the Khutbah with esteem concentration.
- Asking an already seated individual to move so someone else can occupy his place is another common mistake that people make during Jummah prayer. Only someone who is drowsy and is at risk of falling asleep in their sitting position is encouraged to change their place. This is in order to allow them to wake up from their nap.
- Working during the Jummah prayer is prohibited, as soon as you hear the Adhan on Friday, you should rush towards the mosque and put a pause on every work you are doing at that time. Allah Almighty says in the Noble Quran: “O you, who have believed, when (the Adhan) is called for the prayer on the day of Jummah (Friday), then proceed to the remembrance of Allah and leave the trade. That is better for you if you only knew.” (Quran, 62:9)
- Ignoring the ritual bath of the entire body (Ghusl) on Friday is a common mistake of many people. The failure to wear perfume, to use a ‘Miswak’ and not wearing nice clothes are other mistakes that many people make often on Friday.
- Late arrival is also not allowed during Jummah prayer. One should always be ready for Friday prayers, do not plan anything which becomes the reason to be late for the Jummah prayer. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “There is a reward of fasting on each step you take towards the mosque to pray Friday prayer to take Ghusl.” (Tirmidhi)
- Not wearing clean clothes for the Friday prayer is another common mistake that people made. Holy Prophet (SAW) ordered and advised us to wear best and clean clothes for Friday prayer just like Prophet PBUH used to wear His best and clean clothes on Friday.
May Almighty Allah guide us to follow the teachings of Islam and Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) so that we can get the more rewards! Ameen