We are living in the age of computers, laser surgeries, advanced medical treatments, and cloning! In today’s world of constant scientifically groundbreaking discoveries, how can we accept that Allah’s revelation, The Quran, did not reveal this all before? Believing the entire world to be created by God Himself, the Qur’an revealed 1400 years ago contains 1000 verses of scientific knowledge, and none of them contradicting with today’s scientific facts and discoveries. (SubhanAllah)
Apart from guiding mankind personal, social, moral and spiritual areas, the Quran doesn’t stop here and also throws light on varied scientific topics like astronomy, geology, embryology, genetics, biology, archeology an much more. Following lines will show you that Quran is truly a divine gift of Lord upon His creators. Read on.
The Big Bang Theory and Quran!
- Modern Science: Astronomers of today accept the big bang philosophy for the creation of this universe. According to the theory, 15billion years ago a primordial mass exploded and the universe was formed. This was discovered somewhere in 1973.
- The Quran: “Do not the unbelievers see that the Heavens and the earth were joined together, and then We split them apart.” (21:30)
Expansion of the Universe
- Modern science: “The universe is not static, as had previously been thought, it is expanding”
- The Quran: “And the firmament, We constructed with power and skill and verily We are expanding it” (51:47)
Reality of Sun’s Orbit
- Modern Science: Previous theories stated that sun is motionless in the center of the solar system with all the planets revolving around it. But modern science tells us today that the sun too is in motion along with the planets, and travels at 150 miles per second takes about 200 million years to complete one revolution around the center of our Milky Way Galaxy and 25 days to make one complete rotation around its own axis.
- The Quran: “It is He who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon, all (the celestial bodies) swim along, each in its orbit with its own motion.” (21:33)
Invasion of Space by Human Beings
- Modern Science: After launching of the Russian Satellite, Sputnik I in 1957, the human interest in the space took form. Entailed by several incidents including man’s landing on moon, human dream of conquering space was given a reality.
- The Quran: “O assembly of Jinns and humans, if you can penetrate the regions of the heavens and the earth, then penetrate them! You will not penetrate them save with a power (of God).” (55:33)
Earth’s Ozone Layer
- Modern Science: Science proves that Earth is frequently attacked by meteoroids that collapse by sun rays. Similarly the dangerous UV radiation is absorbed by the Ozone layer around our planet, thus protecting it and making us live on earth.
- The Quran: “And We have made the atmosphere a protective roof, yet do they turn away from the Signs which these things point to.” (21:32)
The Creation of Mankind:
- Modern Science: Through powerful microscopes, ultra sound and fiber optics technology, the science of embryology shows that life is generated by eggs. Here are the processes defined by modern embryology:
- Fertilization takes place with only one sperm among several tens of millions produced by man.
- Implantation of the blastocyst in the uterus
- The human embryo is similar to a leech from days 7-24, when it clings to the endometrium of the uterus.
- The internal ears appear before the eyes, and the brain appears last.
- “God fashioned man from a small quantity (of sperm)” (16:4)
- “Then We placed him as a drop in a place of rest” (23:13)
- “Then We made the drop into a leech like structure…” (23:14)
- “And He (God) gave you hearing and sight and feeling and understanding.” (32:9)
The Quran describes not only the development of external form but also the internal stages – the stages inside the embryo of its creation and development, emphasizing major events recognized by contemporary science.
Existence of Two Genders
- Modern Science: Science tells us that everything from animals to plants and even bacteria are divided into pairs, male and female.
- The Quran: “Hallowed is He, Who created pairs in all things, those that grow from the earth and of themselves, and what they know not.” (36:36)