Muslims offer salah five times a day which is made
obligatory by Almighty Allah. Salah is a priceless gift from Allah (SWT), that
enables us to put forward all our needs in front of Allah Almighty and request
whatever we need from Him. Salah is a blessing which cannot be given a
value, yet many Muslims still tend to neglect it. Many of us face a common
problem loss of concentration during Salah. Instead of focusing on Allah (SWT)
in salah we tend to focus on unwanted elements. Today, in this article we would
like to put forward some suggestions which will help us to stay focused and
concentrated during Salah.
Focus in Prayer
Below mentioned are a few points which will help you to improve the quality of salah in terms of improving the prayer itself and also bearing in mind what can harm it, Insha Allah.
- First of all, make sincere ablution for prayer, you can prepare to focus in your prayer by concentrating during ablution.
- Don’t delay your prayer. Always offer your salah on time.
- Learn the meaning of Surah that you recite in your prayer. The Holy Quran is a unique book got the ability to attract anyone, due to its beauty and accent. Still, it is essential to know the meaning of its Surahs. We’ll never get distracted from our salah if we focus on the meaning of the Surahs which we recite during prayer. Indeed, the Holy Quran is a book like no other, a revelation from Almighty Allah himself.
- Whenever you have bad thoughts from Shaitan during salah, just spit dryly on your left side, turning your head only slightly.
- You must know your opposition which is definitely Shaitan. If we understand the different tricks of the shaitan, we can avoid falling into its traps and letting our minds stray in salah. ‘Uthan b. Abu al- ‘As reported that he came to the Allah’s Messenger Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and said: “Allah’s Messenger, the Satan intervenes between me and my prayer and my reciting of the Qur’an and he confounds me”. Thereupon, Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) said, “That is (the doing of the Satan) who is known as Khinzab and when you perceive its effect, seek refuge with Allah from it and spit three times to your left”. (Muslim)
- Increase the significance of Salah by thinking of the Salah you are about to perform like the one in which Allah Almighty will question about on the Day of Judgement. This should help us to perform the salah with the devotion, concentration and care we are looking for.
- Think of the prayer you are performing as if it is your last salah in your life. And it might very well be your last one because no one is guaranteed that he/she will live to perform another prayer.
- Clear your mind from all worldly things before you raise your hands to begin prayer.
- Make Dua after completing the prayer. Remain seated in your place of salah, recite Istighfar for any mistakes made in the prayer, and supplicate for everything from the Lord of Universe. There is power in dua, so don’t let the opportunity pass you by.