Muslims offer Salah five times a day. Salah is the 2nd most important pillar of Islam which is obligatory on every Muslim. We should offer Salah with “Khushu” in order to gain the actual reward and more blessings from Almighty Allah. Khushu is an Arabic word used to refer to humbleness, submissiveness, and gentleness within heart due to the consciousness of Allah’s Greatness and Dignity while offering Salah.
Salah is the key to success in this world and in the hereafter. But if we do not look after this key we’ll not be able to unlock the doors that lead to the good in this life and the hereafter. In order to achieve success, we have to be humble in our prayers. No doubt, when our Salah is in good condition, we’ll notice that all the other life affairs also naturally fall into their right places with ease. Times of ease become more joyful and times of difficulties become bearable.
Allah Almighty says in the Noble Quran: “It is the believers who are successful: those who are humble in their prayer.” (Quran, 23:1-2)
Khushu appears to be more important than the outward aspects of Salah because the value of the Prayer is directly related to the depth of intensity the servant of Allah can achieve during its performance. If anyone wants to be among those who are successful, then they have to try to achieve the noble aspect of Khushu in their prayers.
Allah (SWT) says in the Noble Quran: “Most certainly those Believers have attained true success: They who are during their prayer humbly submissive.” (Quran, 23:1)
It is important to realize that the state of Khushu is a state of true presence in the Salah. Khushu helps one connect deeply with Allah Almighty. Today we will discuss some tips to achieve Khushu in our prayers for getting the pleasure of Allah Almighty.
Steps to achieve Khushu in Salah
Below mentioned are some tips which help us to achieve Khushu in our prayers:
- We need to be mindful of the words we are reciting from the Quran, incorporate the meanings of the words we’re uttering in prayer, and appreciate that Allah Almighty able us to recite words revealed from above seven heavens. Being conscious of this honor will bring us to a state of humility, humbleness, and focus.
- We need to be conscious, present, sincere, and serious when we recite Surah al-Fatiha, it will transform the prayer experience for us completely.
- Always make dua in sujud or after completing your prayer. Allah Almighty loves those who pray and make Dua to Him. Remembering to ask and seek Allah would help us to realize the significance of being in prayer. Dua should be made thanking Allah for all His bounties and giving us the blessings to be able to perform salah and pray to Him despite our many faults.
- We should recite different Surahs in our prayers. The more we know from the Holy Quran, the more we allow Allah Almighty to speak to us.
- We should think that salah we are about to perform like the one in which Allah (SWT) will question us about on the Day of Judgment. This should help us to perform the salah with the devotion, concentration, and care we are looking for.
- Reveal everything in front of Allah Almighty just like you confide in your best friend or mother. We should be rush to our prayers just like we rush to our friends to tell about our day or problems.
In short, Khushu let us enter into the prayer so that Allah (SWT) would bring us out of the darkness of our lives and our problems into His Light because Allah (SWT) is The Light. Let’s never forget to ask Allah Almighty to guide us the correct way and develop a good amount of Khushu in our salah. Ameen!