Tawakkul means ‘trust and reliance’. Tawakkul is
an Islamic word which means Reliance on Allah “trusting in Allah’s Plan”.
Tawakkul refers to putting your trust in Allah – to believe that He alone can
ward off the harms of this world, provide you blessings and sustenance, and to
ease your challenges. Tawakkul in Dua refers to what you are asking
Allah for, He will surely listen to your Dua.
of Tawakkul in Dua:
Tawakkul in Dua is very important as it implies
belief, the dependence that we must rely on Allah because without His
permission nothing could happen. Tawakkul is fundamentally “trust and trust in
Allah” who accepts the results that He decides regardless of how they may turn
out to be. The acceptance of Dua depends a lot on your belief in it.
As Allah Almighty says in the Quran:
“When my servants ask you
concerning me, (tell them) I am indeed close (to them). I listen to the prayer
of every suppliant when he calls on me.” (Quran 2:186)
following hadith is significant, and is most quoted to explain the concept
‘Umar bin al-Khattāb heard the Messenger of
Allah (ﷺ) saying, “If you trusted Allah with due Tawakkul, He would
provide you sustenance as He provides for the birds; they go out in the morning
with empty stomachs and come back in the evening with full stomachs.” (Tirmidhi
and Ibn Majah)
Tawakkul in Dua is a kind of light for our hearts
and a way for us to seek the closeness of Allah (SWT) in a way that nothing
else can accomplish. The element of this quality of the heart is based on two
very important pillars: dependence on Allah and trust in Allah.
Allah Almighty mentioned in the Quran:
وَعَلَى اللّٰهِ فَلۡيَتَوَكَّلِ الۡمُؤۡمِنُوۡنَ
“…. And in Allah let
believers put their Trust” (Quran,14:11)
Tawakkul in Dua is our belief and attitude that
we have to put trust in Allah to take care of all the affairs of our life. Through Dua, we accept the
power and authority of ALLAH and our weakness in front of HIM.
of Tawakkul in Dua:
- One of the major benefits of Tawakkul in Dua is that it can relieve us from unnecessary anxiety, worry, and resulting depression from the challenges that we may be facing.
- Tawakkul in Dua is considered very powerful in Islam as it can change our fate and it can be the most powerful weapon for a Muslim at the time of grief and sorrows.
- The Quran makes it clear that Tawakkul in Dua is not an option but rather a requirement. Allah (may He be Exalted) says:
وَعَلَى اللَّهِ فَتَوَكَّلُوا إِنْ كُنْتُمْ مُؤْمِنِينَ
“…and put your trust in Allah if
you are believers indeed.” (Quran, 5: 23)
- Tawakkul shouldn’t be mistaken with giving up your efforts thinking that somehow your challenges will get resolved. Rather striving and working with the attitude that Allah will take care of your affairs and will help you in getting through your trials is part of you having the Tawakkul on Allah.
- Another consequence of Tawakkul in Dua is that it invites us to connect to a powerful Ally: this is the Lord Himself, Allah.
- Through Tawakkul in Dua, we get an enormous amount of peace and contentment.