The word Qadar stands for honor and dignity. In this regard, the night of Qadar means that it is the night of honor and dignity. It is considered to be among the most blessed and auspicious nights and is expected to take place on any one of the odd nights of the last ten days of the Holy month of Ramadan.
The night of Qadar is full of blessings and rewards. Its significance in Islam is a lot. People cannot deny the importance of this night in Islam.
Significance of the Night of Qadar
It is the night of Qadar during which the divine revelation of Allah was blessed upon the Prophet (PBUH). Book of Quran was revealed during this special night thereby increasing its significance for Muslims.
It is also believed that the rewards and blessings of worshiping Allah during this night are greater than the worship of a thousand months. This is almost equal to an individual’s life. Therefore, during this day, all Muslims pray voluntarily to increase their gains and also enhance the recitation of the Holy Book. Muslims also increase the remembrance of Allah and pray as much as they could.
The Prophet (PBUH) said,
“The person who offered prayers to Allah in the night of Dignity with faith and with hope of reward from Allah, all his past sins have been forgiven.” (Bukhaari)
The Prophet (PBUH) also said,
‘Seek the night of Dignity in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadhan’ (Bukhaari)
The odd nights in this regard mean the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th and the 29th of the month of Ramadan. This night has not been fixed to any specific odd night and hence those who want to be near Allah, learning Quran and worshipping Allah more during odd nights is the best.
Prayers for The Night of Qadar
Some important prayers and dua’s for this night are given below,
1. Those who seek forgiveness should recite the following:
“Allahumma innaka afuwwun kareemun tuhib-bul af-wa fa-afo anni”
(O Allah, You are the One who grants pardon for sins, loves forgiving, so forgive me)
2. Recite Surah Qadar 700, 70 or 7 times and Allah will forgive the sins of the individual and will save him or her from troubles. Also, 700,000 angels will also pray that the individual gets a place in the Paradise.
3. Offer Salatul Tasbih during this night
4. Pray 2 Rakat nafal namaz and in every rakat after reciting Surah Fatiha, recite INNAA ANZALNAHU thrice and Surah Ikhlas seven times. This will reduce the pain of death and will save you from the agony and torment of the grave.
5. Offer 2 rakat nafal namaz and in every rakat recite Surah Fatiha followed by Surah Ikhlas 7 times. After the namaz recite the durood 100 times and Astaghfar 100 times. This will bless you with a lot of rewards.
During this night, Allah listens to the prayers of all except those who are Muslim enemies, those who don’t pay zakat, those who break relationships, those who are lazy to offer namaz, those who backbite and those who performed shirk, kufr, haram, laughed at the graves etc. Therefore, make sure you are not one of them and seek forgiveness for all sins.