The Holy Month of Rajab marks the beginning of the spiritual season of every believer which ends with the fasting month of Ramadan and the Eid-ul-Fitr. The sacred months are unmatched in their importance. We should praise to the Almighty Allah and thanks to Him for granting us an opportunity to cleanse ourselves of our sins and mistakes in the holy month of Rajab.
It is narrated that the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “Rajab is the month of Allah that is called Al-Asab (the pourer) for Allah showers His servants with mercy in it”. The days of the Holy Month of Rajab are more like an opportunity for people to return to Allah (SWT) and experience His kindness and mercy, and discard any spite, grudge, and hatred that might have been flared up in the past.
Recommended Acts of the Month of Rajab
Below mentioned are the recommended acts or deeds of the holy month of Rajab that we all should know and perform getting Allah’s mercy.
- Istighfar: We should seek forgiveness in the holy month of Rajab. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) has said: “Rajab is the month for seeking forgiveness, so seek forgiveness from Allah Almighty”.
- Fasting: Fasting in the month of Rajab brings many rewards and virtues so try to observe fast in the Rajab. The Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “ Rajab is a great month of Allah, unmatched by any other month in the respect and significance (accorded to it); war with the infidels during this month is prohibited; Verily, Rajab is Allah’s month, Shaban is my month and Ramadan is the month of my Ummah; whosoever fasts a day in the month of Rajab will be granted the great reward of Ridwan (an angel in heaven); the wrath of Allah shall be distanced and a door of the Hell shall be closed.”
- Sadaqah (Charity): Giving Sadaqah or charity is highly recommended in the holy month of Rajab.
- Dhikr: We should do as much dhikr as we can in this holy month of Rajab.
- Quran Recitation: One should recite the Holy Quran in excess in this sacred month.
- Reciting Supplications: There are many supplications which we can recite in the holy month of Rajab, Muslims should recite supplications in the morning and evening of each of its days, as well as after the prayers in order to get Allah’s mercy.
- Saying Prayers: We should perform voluntary prayers in this holy month. Allah Almighty will send His mercy on us and we will get the reward of our prayers.
May Almighty Allah give us the strength to perform good deeds in excess and shower His countless blessings on us. Ameen