Hajj is the 5th and most important pillar of Islam which is obligatory on every financially and physically stable Muslim once in a lifetime. In Holy Quran, Almighty Allah says: “And [due] to Allah from the people is a pilgrimage to the House – for whoever is able to find thereto a way” (Quran, 3:97). Hajj has a special virtue in all acts of worships as it clears all kind of sins no matter how small or big they are but one need to perform this obligatory act of worship with obedience. The person who is performing Hajj should have sincere intentions for Allah Almighty, money used for Hajj must be lawful and one should stay away from committing different sins. While performing Hajj one should be aware of all integrals and requisites of Hajj.
Integrals of Hajj (Pilgrimage)
Below the integrals (Rukns) of Hajj are mentioned that one should know about in order to perform this act of worship in a proper manner with full of obedience.
- First of all, Intention to be in the state of pilgrimage while wearing Ihram and also says in the heart that I now enter into the actions of Hajj for the sake of Almighty Allah.
- One should be physically present in Arafat between the start of Dhuhr on the ninth of Dhul-Hijjah and the dawn of the following Eid day.
- Tawaf that is one needs to circumambulate the Kaaba seven times.
- One has to walk between the mount of Safa and Marwa seven times and also perform Sa’ey.
- Shaving or trimming the hair is the next integral. This is satisfied by cutting at least three hairs. The women should also trim their hair but they don’t shave.
- Observe the order in performing the integrals.
Requisites of Hajj (Pilgrimage)
Requisites are those things without which the Hajj is valid but these are obligatory acts that one needs to perform.
- The intention of Ihram before crossing the site prescribed for it that is Miqat.
- Staying at night in Muzdalifah and Mina.
- Throwing pebbles at Jamrahs during the days of Tashriq.
- To throw pebbles at the station of Jamrat-ul-Aqabah on the day of the Feast that is Eid-al-Adha.
- Performing farewell Tawaf before leaving the Makah.
Unlawful Things during Hajj (Pilgrimage)
Below mentioned are the unlawful things that one should avoid during Hajj.
- To wear perfumes.
- Rub the head and beard with oil or things like that.
- To remove or cut fingernails, toenails, and hair.
- To perform sexual intercourse.
- To conduct the marriage.
- To hunt any Islamically edible animal.
- To cover the head for men and to cover the face for women.
May Almighty Allah accept the Hajj of those who are performing this year! Ameen