Miswak is a twig that has been used since ages for oral hygiene. Studies show that miswak works better then a tooth paste. Muslims use it now as well as it is believed that the last Prophet used it.
A few important benefits of Miswak
- Miswak is used as an effective anti-bacterial for teeth, by kill gum diseases that cause bacteria formation. Thus keeps teeth healthy and safe. It kills a bacterium that causes periodontal disease.
- Another reason miswak is an effective oral hygienic element as it fights plaque with is natural comment.
- It effectively Fights against caries.
- While your teeth are healthy your mouth doesn’t smell bad. It has its natural fragrance that keeps your mouth sell good.
- It acts like a brush to. Brushes between the teeth as well and keeps them clean. It has parallel bristles to its stick. Therefore it not only acts a tooth brush or a tooth paste it also acts like floss.
- Miswak also Increases salivation and hence restrains dry mouth (Xerostomia).
- It is 20 times more effective than ordinary mint. Studies show that ordinary mint only kills3.6% of bacteria while mint laced with miswak killed up to 60 % of bacteria.
It prevents gingivitis provided it is used correctly.