Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is the last prophet of Almighty Allah and Quran the last sacred Holy book also revealed to him. We can learn a lot from the history of Prophet Muhammad (SAW).Prophet Muhammad (SAW) lived his life according to Quran as Allah mentioned in Quran. He (SAW) did practically what Allah Almighty mentioned in Quran so that all mankind can follow and take guidance from him we can learn about these things from the history of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). His character was respected by all we have so many examples of the kindness of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). People throughout Medina including Jews gave him the title of “The Trustworthy.”
Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is the finest example of a perfect man in all aspects of life for everyone. The Almighty Allah distinguished him from all and varied by inspired in his divine personality and exceptional qualities such as modesty, truthfulness, kindness, patience, loyalty, honesty, courage, bravery, generosity, wisdom and the like. Allah the most Glorious direct upon us to take the Prophet (SAW) behavior as an example, because he guides us to virtue and righteousness and we should follow his Sunnah and we can learn these things from the history of Prophet Muhammad (SAW):
“Certainly you have in the Messenger of Allah an excellent exemplar for him who hopes in Allah and the latter day and remembers Allah much.” (Quran 33:21)
He (SAW) was very kind and generous to all mankind. In this article we will discuss some of his qualities which every Muslim should know and spread as much as possible:
- A Man of Ultimate Consideration: Before the birth of Prophet (SAW) his father has died and when he (SAW) was very young his mother also passed away. His grandfather took the responsibility of his upbringing but he also died and then Prophet Muhammad (SAW) sent to his uncle Abu Talib for upbringing. Abu Talib was very poor so Prophet Muhammad (SAW) decided to work with his uncle when he was only 13 because he never wanted to be a burden on the shoulder of his uncle. At an age where many young men are only thinking about themselves, the Prophet (SAW) was already catching every opportunity to make the lives of others easier. He (SAW) was truly a man of consideration, asking for nothing in return even in the early life of Muhammad (SAW).
- A Man of Mercy: Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was a man who cared for the weak, supported women and stood for everyone who was in need we can say that He (SAW) was a man who embraces mercy. He (SAW) is the man of mercy to all mankind.Hazrat Abu Huraira said: the Prophet (PBUH) was asked to curse the infidels. He said, “I have not been sent to curse people but as a mercy to all mankind.” (Muslim).From this hadith, we can conclude that he was very kind-hearted and generous to all mankind. The Prophet’s (SAW) mercy was vast and inclusive. He spread it far and wide to the point that even animals could find refuge in his kindness.
- A Man of Forgiveness: Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was very forgiving even he did not say anything bad to his enemies but always forgave them. It has been narrated by Hazrat Anas bin Malik that eighty persons from the inhabitants of Makah fell down upon Allah’s Messenger (PBUH) from the mountain of Tan’im. They were armed and wanted to attack the Holy Prophet (SAW) and his Companions unawares. He (SAW) captured them but spared their lives. So, Allah Almighty revealed the verse: “And it is He Who restrained your hands from them and their hands from you in the valley of Makkah after He had given you a victory over them.”(Quran 48:24) [Muslim]. From his forgiving habit, we can also learn and can forgive others in this way our society could become a place of peace where we can live happily and peacefully with other people.
- A Man of Kindness and Generosity: The Messenger of Allah Almighty set lots of social examples of kindness and generosity with his companions. There are many narrations which give a glimpse of his firm connection with the society in which he lived: Anas bin Malik, who used to frequent the Prophet’s (SAW) assembly, says that whenever the Prophet (SAW) missed any one of his companions for a period of three days, he used to inquire about that person, would pray for him and if he happened to be ill, would pay him a visit.Once a man came to the Messenger of Allah but on entering his presence, started shivering with fear. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) seeing the visitor terribly shaken and nervous, smiled and comforted him with the utmost tenderness, saying: “Be at ease. I am no king but the son of a Quraishite woman who used to eat dried meat.” Such supreme examples of kindness and generosity helped to build a strong and coherent society and spread love and affection among the believers.
- A Man of Peace Lover: As we all know Islam is the religion of peace and our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) also proved it. He wanted people to live in harmony and peace and encouraged them to resolve their issues and differences with peace. In one of his Hadith Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said that: “Let us go to resolve the situation and make peace between them.” (Bukhari). Being a Muslim it’s our duty to spread peace as Prophet (SAW) gave examples out of the actions He undertook to ensure peace.
- A Man of Cooperation: Prophet (SAW) is the highest in all mankind and a role model for all of us. He (SAW) beside his qualities of kindness and a generosity was very cooperative towards all people and helps others in all matters of their life in which he could. He never treated himself as special rather always cooperative with other people. There is one narration related to his kindness and cooperative behavior: “I saw the Messenger of Allah on the Day of the Trench carrying dirt (that was dug from the trench) until His chest was covered with dirt.”(Bukhari). We can say that a Muslim must also not value status or rank, be helping towards people and give his or her fair share in the efforts that all of the people are putting just like Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
These are some qualities of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) kindness behavior, there are a lot more than these which we should read about and implement in our daily life routine. By implementing these qualities we can follow His (SAW) Sunnah.