The Quran has several verses, which tell different facts and particulars about it. Of course, the words in the Quran are the words of Allah Almighty. Therefore, any linguist who is not even a believer agrees that the things could not have been explained better.
The Quran is a great miracle and the gift of Allah to the human kind. Allah Almighty says,
“And certainly We have given you seven of the oft-repeated (verses) and the grand Quran”. Al-Hijr [15:87]
The verse mainly tells two things.
- The Quran is a gift for the humanity revealed by Allah Almighty.
- The “seven oft-repeated verses” which are referred to here refer to Surah Fatiha of the Quran, which is the first Surah of the Quran. it is recited in each Rakat of all the prayers.
The Quran was revealed in the most significant Islamic month, i.e. the Ramadan. It is mentioned in the following verse.
Allah Almighty says,
“The month of Ramadan is that in which the Quran was revealed, a guidance to men and clear proofs of the guidance and the distinction; therefore whoever of you is present in the month, he shall fast therein, and whoever is sick or upon a journey, then (he shall fast) a (like) number of other days; Allah desires ease for you, and He does not desire for you difficulty, and (He desires) that you should complete the number and that you should exalt the greatness of Allah for His having guided you and that you may give thanks. Al-Baqara [2:185]
The verse mainly tells the following points.
- Allah chose the month of Ramadan for the revelation of the Quran.
- The Quran is the Hidaya for the humanity.
- The Quran convinces logically with examples and with proofs.
- The rest of the verse explains in detail about the fasting, which is a compulsion for the Muslims.