The divine guidance from Allah Almighty is contained in the holy book of the Quran. It is the Hidaya (guidance) for the entire humanity until eternity.
The following are some fact about the Glorious Quran that every Muslim must know.
- The Quranic verses are the words of Allah Almighty. Therefore, it is not a surprise when it is regarded as the finest lingual example of the Arabic language.
- There were three divine books revealed before the Quran. However, they were changed with time. The Quran is the book of divine guidance for the Muslims. It is valid until the Day of Judgment.
- The Quran is saved as it is from the time it was revealed. The safety of the Quran is a miracle and a promise of Allah Almighty.
- The entire Quran was not revealed at one time. It was reveal in parts over a period of nearly 23 years.
- The Quran was revealed by Allah Almighty through his special angle, Jibril to the last Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w).
- The prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) took special care to preserve the Quran. When the verses were revealed he used to recite those to his companions. Some of the companions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) were appointed to write the Quran on the pieces of wood and barks of the trees. Some companions of the holy Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) used to memorize the verses of the Quran as soon as they were revealed.
- The holy prophet Muhammad (s.a.w) made sure that the entire Quran was compiled in the form of a book. It was in the Arabic dialect spoken by the tribe of the Qureish. Later, Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w)’s companions, Abu Bakr (R.A.) and Umar Farooq (R.A.) produced more copies of Quran in the same dialect. The copies in other dialects were burned and thus a standardized from of Quran was preserved.