Allah Almighty granted many blessings to human beings in which the basic necessities of life food, water, shelter and many other natural things included. Among all these basic necessities of life food is the utmost physiological requirement of every living being in this world. Such favors from Almighty Allah require one should be thankful for everything it eats from them. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) lived most of His time in hardness, still, He (SAW) always remained thankful to Allah Almighty for all given by Allah (SWT). He (SAW) used to eat everything was presented and never complained about it.
All of us should follow the Sunnah of Prophet (PBUH) in every matter of life also in eating food. We should thankful to Almighty Allah for everything He granted us and eat everything by considering it the blessing of Allah (SWT). When it comes to the foods most liked by Prophet (SAW) everybody must have a knowledge of what foods are most liked by our beloved Prophet (PBUH) and health benefits of these Sunnah Foods. Every food has its own benefits. Some of them are also mentioned in the Quran and we are going to discuss them below.
Favorite Foods of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) with Benefits
There are many foods which our Holy Prophet (PBUH) liked the most and without any doubt, their benefits are much more than the rest because these foods are liked by our Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Let’s take a look on some of them.
- Dates: Dates are free from cholesterol and contain very low fat. They are rich in vitamins and minerals. Good source of dietary fiber, vitamin-A, iron, Potassium, calcium, manganese, copper and vitamin B-6. Other than these healthy benefits our beloved Prophet (SAW) used to plant date trees himself. Fresh dates should also be eaten at the time of childbirth. Holy Prophet (PBUH) said: “He who eats seven ‘Ajwa dates every morning will not be affected by poison or magic on the day he eats them.”(Bukhari)
- Barley: Barley is the first recommendation for hot in-temperament diseases. Barley is soaked in water, which is drunk for coughs and sore throats. Barley is suggested for curing fever and should be taken like a soup for the best results. Holy Prophet (SAW) recommended that barley is the cure for heart and kidney disease.
- Honey: It is considered the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs. Honey is used for creating the appetite, strengthening the stomach, eliminating phlegm; as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye soother, and mouthwash. It is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water. Holy Prophet (PBUH) said: “Honey is a remedy for every illness and the Quran is a remedy for all illness of the mind, therefore I recommend to you remedies, the Quran and honey”. (Bukhari)
- Figs: It is a fruit from paradise and a cure for piles. It is low in calories, good for bones. It’s a very good cure for stomach disorders. It helps in the curing of a different kind of cancers. It is also mentioned in the Noble Quran Allah Almighty says: “I swear by the fig and the olive.” (Quran, Surah At-Tin)
- Grapes: Our beloved Prophet (SAW) was very fond of grapes. They purify the blood, provide vigor and health, strengthen the kidneys and clear the bowels.
- Milk: The Prophet (SAW) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness. Holy Prophet (PBUH) loved to drink milk. Milk is also mentioned in the Quran in these words: “Pure milk, easy and agreeable to swallow for those who drink.” (Quran 16:66)
- Olives: Olives are said to be the food of Prophets. Olive oil is an excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats inflammation of the stomach. It is also mentioned in the Quran: “And a tree that grows out of Mount Sinai which produces oil and a condiment for those who eat. For olive oil is the supreme seasoning.” Allah has also called it the Blessed Tree.” (Quran, 24:35)
- Pomegranate: The Prophet (SAW) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.
- Vinegar: Our beloved Prophet (SAW) used to eat vinegar with olive oil.
- Melon: Holy Prophet (SAW) said, none of your women who are pregnant and eat of watermelon will fail to produce offspring that is good in countenance.
The above mentioned were some of the great foods that our Holy Prophet (SAW) used to eat and recommended us that we all should make them part of our diet. All of these foods are proved to be really useful for human health and different parts of the body. So we all should try to use these foods regularly because these are not just Sunnah but also beneficial for our health.