Place of Dua is very high in eyes of Almighty Allah. Islamic Dua can change one’s life and fate. Dua is the strongest weapon of every Muslim through which he/she can communicate with Allah (SWT). It is a higher manifestation of love that Allah values. Through Dua, we show that we totally rely on Allah (SWT) and there is no one except Allah who can fulfill our wish. Dua has the ability to alter or change the destiny of a person. You can get all these Islamic Dua on your devices from the link provided below:
‘Dua is the essence of worship.’ (Musnad Ahmed and Tirmidhi)
Allah (SWT) mentioned in Quran:
“O mankind! It is you who stand as beggars in your relation to Allah, and it is Allah Who is free of all wants, worthy of all praise.” (Verses, 35:15)
As Salah is the demonstration of love just like Islamic Dua is also the demonstration of love. Muslims make Dua for everything even for the small matter to bigger one. Muslims supplicate in daily life routine that shows their dependency on Almighty Allah.
There are different Islamic Duas which one should learn and supplicate in daily life routine. In this article, we will describe these Duas.
We should know about these essential Duas in our daily life routine.
- Before starting the Meal: One should know about this Dua it is important to recite this before starting the meal so that we can take blessings from Allah Almighty while eating a meal.
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيْمِ
Translation: In the name of Allah.
Hadith: “By not reciting Bismillah, Shaytan has an opportunity to take part in food.” (Mishkat)
- After finishing the Meal: Provision of food is one of the greatest blessings of Allah Almighty and for such blessing, a Muslim must be thankful to Allah the Merciful. There is a Dua which every Muslim should recite after finishing the meal for thanking Almighty Allah for providing us food.
اَ لْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِىْ اَطْعَمَنَا وَسَقَاناَ وَجَعَلَناَ مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِيْنَ
Translation: All praise belongs to Allah, who fed us and quenched our thirst and made us Muslims.
Hadith: If the meals are commenced with this Dua, then there will be no accountability of the food eaten on the Day of Judgment. (Hisnul Hasin)
- Upon Sneezing: We do different things in our daily life routine in which some activities we do are intentional and some are unintentional. Sneezing comes from an unintentional act that could occur at any time any place. When a person sneezes he/she should thanks to Allah for the revival of his breath after sneezing. Dua which we should recite after sneezing is:
Translation: All praise is for Allah.
Hadith: Narrated Abu Hurairah (R.A) The Prophet said, “Allah loves sneezing but dislikes yawning, so if anyone of you sneezes and then praises Allah, every Muslim who hears him (praising Allah) has to say Tashmit to him. But as regards yawning, it is from Satan, so if one of you yawns, he should try his best to stop it, for when anyone of you yawns, Satan laughs at him.” (Bukhari Volume 8, Book 73, Number 245)
The person who listens to sneeze and witnesses the other person should recite this Dua
Translation: May Allah have mercy on you.
- Before Sleeping: The Prophet (SAW) used to recite this Dua before sleeping. We should also recite this Dua before going to sleep every day.
اَللَّهُمَّ بِاِسْمِكَ اَمُوْتُ وَاَحْيَ
Translation: O Allah, In Your Name, I die and I live.
Hadith: “Hudhaifa (R.A) narrated, when the Prophet (SAW) went to bed, he would say this Dua.” (Bukhari Vol. 8, Book 75/326)
- When waking up from Sleep: One should recite this Dua when waking up from sleep for thanking Allah Almighty
اَلْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِىْ اَحْىَ نَفْسِىْ بَعْدَ مَااَمَاتَهَا وَ اِلَيْهِ النُّشُوْرُ
Translation: All praise is due to Allah, who gave us life after killing us (sleep is a form of death) and to Him will we be raised and returned.
Hadith: “Hudhaifa (R.A) narrated – when the Prophet (SAW) got up, he would say this Dua” (Bukhari Vol. 8, Book 75/326)
- When Leaving Home: The beloved Prophet (SAW) said, whosoever recites this Dua before leaving his home, all his difficulties will go away and he/she shall be protected from the mischief of his enemies and shaytan will stay away from him:
بِسْمِ اللهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ عَلىَ اللهِ وَلاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ اِلاَّ بِاللهِ
Translation: I depart with Allah’s name, relying on Him. It is Allah who saves us from sins with His guidance.
- When Entering Home: When Muslim enter his home he should recite this Islamic Dua:
بِسْـمِ اللهِ وَلَجْنـا، وَبِسْـمِ اللهِ خَـرَجْنـا، وَعَلـى رَبِّنـا تَوَكّلْـنا
Translation: “In the Name of Allah we enter, in the Name of Allah we leave, and upon our Lord we depend [then say As-Salaamu ‘Alaykum to those who present].”
- While Travelling: When a person travel no matter how much is the distance he should recite this Dua for protection and safety
سُبْحَنَ الَّذِىْ سَخَّرَلَنَا هَذَا وَ مَا كُنَّا لَهُ مُقْرِنِيْنْ وَ اِنَّا اِلَى رَبِّنَا لَمُنْقَلِبُوْنْ
Translation: Allah is pure, He has given control and without His power, we would not have any control, without doubt, we are to return to him.
- While Entering Mosque: Muslims go to Masjid or Mosque on daily basis for performing prayer five times a day. Therefore, it is necessary that a Muslim knows and understands the importance of being in the mosque and recites particular Duas on respective actions.
اللّهُـمَّ افْتَـحْ لي أَبْوابَ رَحْمَتـِك
Translation: “O Allah, open the doors of Your Mercy for me.”
- While Leaving Mosque: Muslim must recite this Islamic Dua when leaving the Mosque
اللّهُـمَّ إِنّـي أَسْأَلُكَ مِـنْ فَضْـلِك
Translation: “O Allah, I seek of You Your Grace.”
- For Anger: The Noble Prophet (SAW) said: that if a person reads (this) when he is angry, then his anger shall go away.
اَعُوْذُ بِاللهِ مِنَ الشَّيْطَانِ الرَّجِيْمِ
Translation: “I seek refuge in Allah from Shaytan the cursed”. (TirmidhiVol.2 Pg.183)
We should make our habit to recite these Islamic Duas in our daily life routine to earn blessings of Allah Almighty while doing a single deed no matter it is small or big. You can download our app “Muslim Dua Now – Dua & Azkar” and can learn these and many other Islamic Duas which are not mentioned in this article.