Sin can be something that can erase all good deeds a man did in his entire life in just a glance. Every one of us should be aware of this. Being a Muslim we must have knowledge of good and bad deeds. There is a very thin line to shift from good to bad things so, we should be very careful about our acts. Making mistakes or committing sins is a part of human nature and no one is free from it. All of us commit sins and make mistakes. Holy Prophet (PBUH) said in one of His hadith: “Every son of Adam sins and the best of those who sin are those who repent.” (Tirmidhi)
Reasons to Avoid Sins
We should keep away from committing sins and making mistakes no matter the sin is major or minor. One should be aware of its consequences and avoid it. Sin is a bad news for the one who does it. Below are some reasons why we should avoid sins:
- The one who will commit sins will be deprived of provision. The Messenger of Allah Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said: “A person is deprived of provision because of the sins that he or she commits.” (Ibn Majah)
- Things will become difficult for the one who commits sins in a way that a person cannot draw his attention towards any matter of his life. The person who involved in committing sins finds the way blocked or difficult. On the other hand for the one who fears Allah, things are made easy for him.
- The one who commits sin will be deprived of knowledge because knowledge is light that Allah Almighty causes to reach the heart, and sin extinguishes that light.
- Sin weakens the person’s willpower. Sins gradually strengthen the person’s will to commit sin and weaken their will to repent until there is no will in their heart to repent at all.
- Sin is the reason for deprivation of worship and obedience to Allah Almighty. Sins prevent a person from doing an act of worship which is the opposite of sin and cuts off access to other acts of worship, that would be bad enough.
- When someone commits sin, a sense of alienation comes between a person and Allah Almighty, and also between them and other people.
- The worst of all is when sin breeds sin until it dominates a person and he/she cannot escape from it.
- The sinners will find darkness in their heart. This darkness is like a blind man who goes out in the darkness of the night, walking alone.
- A sinner becomes numb or deaden and will no longer find sin repulsive, so it will become his habit, and he will not be bothered if people see him committing the sin or talk about him.
- The person’s heart who commit sins gets stained by sin, and if the sin increases then the stain grows bigger until it becomes the Raan (covering of sin and evil deeds), then it increases more until it becomes a seal, and the heart becomes covered and sealed due to sins.
May Allah Almighty protect all Muslim from committing sins and grant us the path of light and purity. Ameen!