Muslims all over the world celebrate Eid-al-Adha on 10th of Zil Hajj to honor the willingness of Hazrat Ibrahim (AS) to sacrifice His son Hazrat Ismail (AS) in order to fulfill the command of Allah. At the time of sacrifice Allah (SWT) intervened and provided him a sheep to sacrifice instead of His son Hazrat Ismail (AS). Muslims celebrate Eid-al-Adha and sacrifice animals’ goat, cow, sheep, camels, and buffalos for the sake of Almighty Allah. After slaughtering animals the meat is then distributed among neighbors, relatives and needy people. However, slaughtering animals or wearing clothes isn’t all that one has to do in order to celebrate Eid-al-Adha.
Sunnah Acts of Eid-al-Adha
Sunnahs that every Muslim should follow in this holy occasion which are given below:
- Wake up early and offer Fajr prayer. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) used to wake up early in the morning and make preparations for the Fajr prayer and perform it, so we also should do it.
- In order to adorn yourself perform Ghusl, brush your teeth or do Miswak, apply perfume, and wear the best clothes.
- Eat something before leaving the house for Eid prayer.
- Go early to the place where Eid prayer is taking place.
- To say Takbeer (Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. La ILA-ha ill-lallah.Allahu-Akbar, Allahu-Akbar. Wa-lilahill hamd) out loud because it is one of the symbols of that day.
- Go for Salat-al-Eid by taking a longer route on the way there and return by a different shorter route.
- Perform Salat al-Eid as it is Wajib Salah apart of being a Sunnah and shouldn’t be skipped.
- After performing Salat-al-Eid Muslims should greet each other.
- After performing Eid prayer those who are able to give sacrifice should slaughter animals and then distribute the meat among neighbors, relatives and poor people.
Being a Muslim it is the responsibility of every Muslim to follow the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Let us celebrate the Day of Eid by caring for the weak, oppressed and needy in our community, sacrificing animals for the sake of Allah Almighty by upholding the commandments of Allah and the Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW). May Almighty Allah enable us all to fulfill His commands and follow the Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad (SAW). Ameen!