The entire world is the creation of Allah, however, some places are considered more sacred and divine than others. For instance, prayers offered at Mecca and Madina carry more value and significance than those offered at an ordinary place. This is because some places are more close and sacred because of their origins or their history.
The Month of Rajab
Similarly, some months carry more value and significance than other months. For example, Rajab is considered more sacred. This is because of several reasons. These reasons are elaborated below.
The Significance of Rajab
1. When the moon is sighted on the first night of Rajab, it is among the most sacred nights. During this night Allah accepts the prayers and supplications of His beings. The night is so sacred that Hazrat Ibna Soolki prayed to Allah to bestow him with death on the first night of Rajab.
2. According to Kitabul Barkaat, individuals who fast on the first Thursday that arrives after the moon is seen will gain a place in Paradise as a reward.
3. According to the Prophet (PBUH), one who observes one fast during the month of Rajab will gain rewards similar to if one has fasted for forty years.
4. Moreover, the Prophet (PBUH) says that, “In Paradise there is a canal named Rajab. Its water is whiter than milk, cooler than ice and sweeter than honey. The one who observes even a single fast in Rajab, he/she will be entitled to drink its water.”
5. The month of Rajab is so sacred that the Prophet (PBUH) said that if any Muslim man or woman observes fast for one day and spends the whole night worshipping Allah in the month of Rajab, Allah will write worshipping worth a year in his or her book of deeds.
6. For those who are sick and cannot fast during the month of Rajab, the Prophet recommended them to fast on the first, fifteenth and the last day of the month of Rajab. This will allow them to gain rewards for the complete month of Rajab.
7. For all those who cannot fast during the month, they can give charity or bread to the needy for every day of the month.
This shows that Rajab is a sacred month that offers many rewards. As a Muslim, it is best to take advantage of the blessings of this month.
The month of Rajab is a sacred month and one should avail the opportunity to reap as many benefits as possible. Worshipping Allah almighty during the month can help you gain tremendous rewards and these rewards can be gained by simply reciting Quran.
Sometimes, people also learn Quran during the month of Rajab to add more good deeds in their deed book. It is a month during which Allah promises to listen to the prayers of his beings, forgive the sinners and reward those who managed to repent on their sins. During this month, Allah also does not reject any plea. Therefore, being a Muslim, make sure you use this month to add more good deeds to your deed book.