Islam is the true, beautiful and perfect religion but all Muslims are not perfect. For the guidance of Muslims, Almighty Allah revealed the Holy Book Quran. The Noble Quran is the 4th sacred book of Almighty Allah revealed on our beloved last Prophet Muhammad (SAW). If someone wants to know about the Islam then he/she has to first understand the Holy Quran by reciting it with full consideration and understand it. The Noble Quran is a spiritual guide for all people of the world living in any place or time and for the whole life of man. Everyone no matters rich or poor can find the things that are about them in the Holy Quran. We can learn the lessons from the Quran which is necessary for peace and tranquility both in this world and the hereafter.
In Holy Quran, Allah Almighty says: “And this is a Book which We have revealed as a blessing: so follow it and be righteous, that ye may receive mercy” (Quran, 6: 155). The Holy Quran is essential for all Muslims in their life no matter social, personal, political and economical we can say that it is a living reality for Muslims to take guidance from the Noble Quran. In Holy Quran Allah Almighty directly communicating or addressing every person so we can communicate with Allah Almighty through Nimaz (Salat) and He (SWT) is communicating with us through Noble Quran.
The words of the Holy Quran are timeless and always valid as every word is deeply relevant to our matters and experiences which we are facing in our lives. Recitation of the Holy Quran is an essential part of the daily religious practice of each and every Muslim in the world. Allah Almighty says in the Noble Quran: “The Quran is guidance and glad tidings for those who believe” (Quran, 2:97). So anyone who is looking for answers regarding matters happening in their lives can take guidance from the Noble Quran.
Role of Quran in Life of Muslims
The Holy Quran plays a great and vital role in our lives. Below we will discuss some points from which all of us can realize that we should always take guidance from Noble Quran no matter how big or small is the situation in which we are facing difficulty.
- First of all, the Quran teaches us how we should treat our parents. In the Holy Quran, Allah Almighty teaches us to treat our parents well. Allah says in the Quran: “[He commands] that you not associate anything with Him, and to parents, good treatment” (Quran, 6:151)
- Quran teaches and encourages us to do halal work. Allah Almighty mentioned in Noble Quran: “So whoever would hope for the meeting with his Lord – let him do righteous work and not associate in the worship of his Lord anyone” (Quran, 18:110)
- Quran teaches us to speak the truth no matter what’s the situation is.
- Holy Quran saves us from becoming enslaved to pleasure. In Holy Quran Allah (SWT) says: “Beautified for people is the love of that which they desire – of women and sons, heaped-up sums of gold and silver, fine branded horses, and cattle and tilled land. That is the enjoyment of worldly life, but Allah has with Him the best return.” (Quran, 3:14)
- Quran obliges us to be clean in our daily life routine. Allah Almighty says in the Quran: “Allah does not intend to make difficulty for you, but He intends to purify you and complete His favor upon you that you may be grateful.” (Quran, 5:6)
- Quran helps us in making decisions regarding different situations.
- Quran prevents us from committing shirk and compels us to remember Allah Almighty.
- The Noble Quran discourages racism, showing us how Allah judges us according to our righteousness alone. Allah (SWT) says in the Quran: “And We divided them throughout the earth into the nations. Of them some were righteous, and of them, some were otherwise. And We tested them with good [times] and bad that perhaps they would return [to obedience].” (Quran, 7:168)
- The Noble Quran encourages us to love spouses, be patient, kind, affectionate, and just in our lives.
- Holy Quran teaches us to be grateful for tests that may come in the form of trials and hardships. Quran also teaches us not to lose hope and stay connected with Allah Almighty through prayers and always remembers Him in any kind of situation.
- Quran teaches us how to pray in a rightful manner.
- Holy Quran changes us in positive ways and transforms us into the persons Allah created us to be.
- Quran builds unity in the Muslim ummah and teaches us to avoid conflict and seek peace.
Implementation of teachings of the Holy Quran in our daily life is the most important thing to do because the Quran teaches us about each and everything. May Almighty Allah help us to implement teachings of the Quran in our lives so that we can lead a prosperous life in this world and hereafter! Ameen