Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was born in Saudi Arabia in the city of Makkah about 1400 years ago. Since then, the world has not seen the likes of Him in every regard and the study of human history shows that there have been none better than Him before Him as well. If there is any personality that has lived on the face of this earth who was complete in every regard and the life of whom can serve as a beacon of guidance for people of every walk of life, that personality would undeniably be the personality of Muhammad (PBUH). Muslims follow Him because of Him being the Prophet as their religion and those who do not follow Islam also hold Him at a higher pedestal when it comes to human character.
In the Holy Quran Allah Almighty puts many beautiful descriptions about the Prophet Muhammad (SAW).
لَّقَدْ كَانَ لَكُمْ فِى رَسُولِ ٱللَّهِ أُسْوَةٌ حَسَنَةٌۭ لِّمَن كَانَ يَرْجُوا۟ ٱللَّهَ وَٱلْيَوْمَ ٱلْـَٔاخِرَ وَذَكَرَ ٱللَّهَ كَثِيرًۭا
Translation: “Indeed, in the Messenger of Allah, you have an excellent example for whoever has hope in Allah and the Last Day, and remembers Allah often.” (Quran, 33:21)
The main factor that increases value and respect to Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) in both the Islamic and the non-Islamic circles is His character. He (PBUH) was the best in character and He (PBUH) also said about in one of His (PBUH) hadith in the following way:
“God has sent me to perfect good manners and to do good deeds.” (Bukhari)
Below mentioned are some facts that every Muslims must know & spread about the character of Prophet Muhammad (SAW):
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as selfless as a person could be in life. All His undertakings and motives were just to fulfill the order of Allah Almighty and He did not undertake any action out of His personal desire and will. He lived every day of His life for the sake of Allah and everything which He did was for the Almighty. Every moment of His life was for the sake of Allah and spreading His message.
- Prophet (PBUH) was the epitome of good manners. Every action that He undertook in life represented the highest morals and manners that a person could exhibit. He (PBUH) was an Ideal being in terms of manners and ethics, the likes of which the world has not seen. If a Muslim is to give an example of the manners of someone, there would be none more suitable than Muhammad (PBUH).
- Prophet (PBUH) always treated kids with kindness and mercy. He always enjoyed their company and played with them to make them happy.
- Prophet (PBUH) was the most pleasant person. He would greet everyone with a smile and always spoke to people with gentleness.
- Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) did not just love who were around Him, nor did He only loved those who were related to Him, rather He considered the entire society. In society, He was especially considerate of orphans and would commend His followers to take special care of the orphans as they did not have parents to look after them.
- Prophet (PBUH) is the best and the highest among people, however, whilst all the greatness and grandeur, He was cooperative towards people and helped others in doing the chores in any way He could help them. He never treated Himself as someone special, rather He would mix with common people and cooperate with them in any way He could.
- Muhammad (PBUH) was the first animal rights activist on the face of this earth who raised voice for the fair treatment of animal. He told people that animals were also creation of Allah and they deserved to be treated fairly, instead of being harsh, strict and ignorant towards them.
- Another striking personality attribute of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) is His modesty. He was the modest of all and never encouraged any kind of vulgarity, rather He was bashful and strongly encouraged modesty in His followers.
- In His general appearance, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as beautiful, pure, simple, gentle and yet so common as any other person could be.
- Prophet (PBUH) was very caring of the rights of the women and commended His followers to give special treatment to women by giving them respect and equal rights that they ought to have.